Funnel cakes, leaves crunching, painted pumpkins. Fall is almost here. And there’s no better way to celebrate than with the 68th Annual Gregg County Fair. The sites, the scents, and the memories you can only find at the fair embody one of the best times of the year. On Thursday, the much-anticipated Miss Gregg County Pageant takes place. Make plans to visit this September, and read on for a look at what to expect.
Pricing and Attractions
The Gregg County Fair will be in town for nine days, from September 8–16. Like always, the fair will be held at the Longview Fairgrounds. When you come, be ready to ride longtime favorites like the Big Wheel, Orbiter, and Kamikaze. After you’ve gotten shaken and stirred, see some of the free nightly entertainment. There will be swine racing, a petting zoo by Emerson farms, and a magic show by Johnny Magic. Local bands will also be playing to give this party a soundtrack.
Make sure you come hungry since sinfully delicious fried food is what this fair is known for. And while you’re taking a break, visit some of the inside vendors. Shop from jewelry, candles, Avon, Scentsy, homegrown honey, and other unique goodies. Buying a Gregg County Fair t-shirt is one of the best ways to remember the fun you’ve had here.
General fair gate admission is $6. Seniors, military families, and children under 6 receive free admission. Armbands for carnival rides vary between $20–$25, depending on the night. Check the schedule below for exact pricing.
Operating times, prices, and attractions change nightly. Consult the schedule below before you go, and make the most out of your night.
- Friday, 9/8. Open 6 p.m.–12 a.m. Kopastetic plays, Blazing Buffalo Wild Wing Challenge; pig races and petting zoo; $25 armbands
- Saturday, 9/9. Open 4 p.m.–12 a.m. BOGO admission, Darby Warren Project plays, T-Force Ministry; pig races and petting zoo; $25 armbands
- Sunday, 9/10. Open 4 p.m.–10 p.m. DJ Torito plays, Mariachi Nueva Era, corn eating contest, pig races, petting zoo; $25 armbands
- Monday, 9/11. Open 6 p.m.–10 p.m. Local band plays; pig races and petting zoo; $20 armbands
- Tuesday, 9/12. Open 6 p.m.–10 p.m. Zumba performance, Fit at the Fair fitness competition; pig races, petting zoo, PureFit performance; $20 armbands
- Wednesday, 9/13. Open 6 p.m.–10 p.m. DJ Frogman plays oldies hits, King Richard & the Bayou Boys; pig races and petting zoo; $20 armbands
- Thursday, 9/14. Miss Gregg Country Pageant; pig races and petting zoo; $20 armbands
- Friday, 9/15. Open 6 p.m.–12 a.m. The Haggertys plays; pig races and petting zoo; $25 armbands
- Saturday, 9/16. Open 4 p.m.–12 a.m. BOGO admission, Cody Wayne Band plays; watermelon eating contest, pig races, petting zoo; $25 armbands
Gorman McCracken Volkswagen
The fair has some really great rides. But can you say the same? Make sure your ride is something you can be proud of. Visit Gorman McCracken Volkswagen today, and see our selection of feature-packed new vehicles.